Introductions are tricky and usually dry unless they’re done the right way. I felt like a book review would be too impersonal but an entire about me post would be redundant because I just
struggled with finished my actual about me page. Then I remembered book tags exist. They’re the perfect combination of being both bookish and personal.So what better way to kickoff my blog than by doing one!?
This one is dubbed the ‘The Fifty Bookish Questions’ book tag and was created by My Little Book Blog!
1. What was the last book you read?
‘It Ends With Us’ by Colleen Hoover
2. Was it a good one?
3. What made it good?
I don’t want to say TOO much because of spoilers and because it’s one of the reviews I’m probably going to repost here (it was first posted on Goodreads).
To sum it up: interesting characters, a plot twist, and heartfelt writing.
4. Would you recommend it to other people?
Yes! However, I wouldn’t recommend it to those who can be triggered by violence/abuse.
5. How often do you read?
I’ve been in a bit of a reading slump lately. My time management has been pretty bad between working full time and trying to maintain a social life so I haven’t been reading as much as I normally would. I try to read at least a page of something every day though.
6. Do you like to read?
I think love would be a more accurate word.
7.What was the last bad book you read?
I didn’t complete it but ‘How Many Wrongs make a Mr Right’ by Stella Hervey Birrell.
8. What made you dislike it?
9. Do you wish to be a writer?
I’d like to say that I am a writer. I journal, I write reviews, I’ve written fanfiction (don’t judge). Nothing has been published officially, but I still think it counts.
10. Has any book ever influenced you greatly?
All the time! If you’re interested in specifics, Mitch Albom’s books always makes me think about life differently.
11. Do you read fan fiction?
12. Do you write fan fiction?
I haven’t in awhile but yep.
13. What’s your favorite book?
‘The Outsiders’ by S.E. Hinton.
14. What’s your least favorite book?
‘The Perks of Being a Wallflower’ by Stephen Chbosky. I’ve tried to read it SO many times and every single time I’ve had to abandon it.
15. Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?
I don’t think I have a preference! I read both ways.
16. When did you learn to read?
A really long time ago! I know I was able to read a little bit before kindergarten and I was around 4 at that time.
17. What is your favorite book you had to read in school?
18. What is your favorite book series?
‘Harry Potter’ is the obvious answer but I’m also a sucker for the ‘Mortal Instruments’ series.
19. Who is your favorite author?
There’s a ton of different authors that I look forward to reading! I can’t pick one.
20. What is your favorite genre?
I’ve been reading a crap-ton of new adult romance recently but any sort of fantasy/adventure will always have my heart.
21. Who is your favorite character in a book series?
I really can’t just pick one. If I don’t like the characters, I generally won’t continue a series.
22. Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
23.Which book do you wish had a sequel?
‘The Outsiders’. Although it was perfect in every way, I really want to know what happens after.
24. Which book do you wish DIDNT have a sequel?
There’s so many. Sequels are usually disappointing.
25. How long does it take you to read a book?
Depends on the length and genre! Non-fiction usually takes me a lot longer but I’ve read three 200 page novels in one day before.
26. Do you like when books become movies?
Not particularly. I watch them and then regret them.
27. Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?
I try to keep them separate in my mind! A really bad movie adaptation isn’t going to make me like the book any less.
28. Which movie has done a book justice?
I really loved ‘The Outsiders’ movie. ‘Harry Potter’ was also really well done for the most part.
29. Do you read newspapers?
I read online articles!
30: Do you read magazines?
Sometimes! If they’re in an office while I’m waiting for an appointment.
31. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
32. Do you read while in bed?
The best place to read!
33. Do you read while on the toilet?
34. Do you read while in the car?
If I’m not driving or in the passenger seat.
35. Do you read while in the bath?
Sometimes! I generally only have baths if I’ve had a terrible day and can’t turn my mind off so reading doesn’t really work.
36. Are you a fast reader?
37. Are you a slow reader?
38. Where is your favorite place to read?
39. Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
40.Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
Sure do! I’ve been diagnosed with borderline ADHD that has only progressively gotten worse over the years.
41. Who gave you your love for reading?
My Mom and Oma.
42. What book is next on your list to read?
I have six books from Netgalley I need to get through.
43. When did you start to read chapter books?
Pretty much right after I started reading, I think.
44. Who is your favorite children’s book author?
45. Which author would you most want to interview?
I really don’t like doing interviews because I can never think of questions.
46. Which author do you think you’d be friends with?
Jenny Lawson and Rick Riordan.
47.What book have you reread the most?
‘The Outsiders’ by S.E. Hinton.
48. Which books do you consider “classics”?
The ones that are in the classic section of bookstores, I guess!
49. Which books do you think should be taught in every school?
I think a range of genres and plots that are diverse in multiple ways should be brought in and taught.
50. Which books should be banned from all schools?
I don’t think any books should be banned. Warnings should be given if there’s anything explicit but I believe in the freedom of speech. As long as you don’t act or follow in the footsteps of what’s taboo, there really isn’t a problem. Plus, I don’t think the book is at fault if it “encourages” someone to do something questionable.
There ya have it. I hope this helps you to get to know me better!
I’ll slowly be posting reviews, lists, and other stuff that I find interesting so be sure to check back if you’re intrigued.
Be sure to link me if you’ve done this tag because I’d love to read it!