Life has been kicking my ass. Midterm season is among us, I just got hired at two different jobs, my apartment is a disaster, and I haven’t had the motivation to read. I try my hardest to also eat healthy, go for runs, maintain a social life, and of course, update my blog, but adulthood is rough and my time management is currently questionable. To-do lists only do so much because you still have to do the things on them. Let’s be real, my bed is too comfy and if I don’t have to get up early, I’m not going to. ANYWAYS, I apologize for the lack of consistency with my posts. At some point, I will queue a butt-ton of them so that there’s at least a weekly dose of me and my brain. Until then, I’m taking the easy way out with a book tag that I’m typing while I’m in class.
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Just my bed! One day I will have a book nook that’s nice and cozy with fairy lights and cushions and shelves and shelves of books. But until then, my bed is my favourite place and really the only space I have that’s mine.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?
I get distracted really easily so I’m used to just stopping after a sentence. But if I’m stopping for a long period of time, I like to make sure I stop at a chapter. It makes it easier to pick up it back up.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
I am a snackaholic. I can read without food but it’s more enjoyable with it. I also like to sip tea or coffee.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
Nope! Not anymore. I’ve since been diagnosed with borderline ADHD and I need absolute silence.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
Usually several at once. I tend to keep a physical copy on me at all times and then have an ebook I read on my computer. I’m currently only reading one at the moment though!
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere. Unless it’s too loud.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently in my head. I don’t like reading out loud.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
I try not to!
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I don’t intentionally break the spine, but I also try not to freak out if I damage my own book.
11. Do you write in your books?
Nope! But I do use sticky notes!
Thanks for reading!
I’ll do my best to make sure I post something weekly!
Let me know if you do this tag as well! I’d love to read it! 🙂